Trigger Wanting: childhood trauma, suicide, self-harm
Today's conversation is about hating one's Asian Diaspora identity (due to childhood trauma and family circumstances) while growing up in America to embracing and reconnecting with one's culture through learning one's mother tongue and moving back to the motherland. This is the story of our guest, Maim Kim.
Maim Kim is a copyeditor and podcaster (Maim Time Podcast - A show about overcoming the Asian diaspora identity struggle to become the best versions of ourselves!)
This conversation is for all the diaspora kids going through their own journey to find themselves or those that have already gone through the journey. Just remember, that you are not alone and that you don't have to answer to anyone but yourself in terms of your identity. Just be the best versions of yourself!
Find Maim and his podcast!
(Never Jaded Podcast):
Buy Me A Coffee:
Thank you for listening!
Help this podcast:
1. Follow us on Instagram @whatkindofasianpod
2. Share our episodes with friends and family
3. Subscribe to us on your streaming platform
4. Leave us a rating and review on Spotify and Apple Podcast
5. Buy Us a Coffee! (Supporting us financially really helps but it's definitely not required, do it if you can)
All the links!