Conversation with Paji & Iasmin, super popular Tik Tokers and podcasters.
Paji & Iasmin are Third Culture Kids from Macau now based in the US. They are Cantonese-English bilinguals with Paji being Sri Lankan+Filipino and Isamin being Brazillian+Filipino (not what you expected right?). They got a super entertaining podcast, "Outcasts the Podcast" that documents their hilarious journey as 2 half-Filipinos in America all while speaking some Cantonese. In addition to that, they are also on Tik Tok with funny videos and memes showcasing Cantonese culture and the language while teaching you important Cantonese phrases without you realizing it.
In our conversation, we went into their background, growing up in Macau as outcasts as they aren't Han Chinese (the majority population of Macau), their third culture identity, being outcasts in America, their relationship with Cantonese (language and culture) and their content-creating journey creating content about their experience being third culture kids and sharing Cantonese culture and language through funny tik toks and memes.
Follow THE OUTCASTS!
Thank you for listening!
Help this podcast:
1. Follow us on Instagram @whatkindofasianpod
2. Share our episodes with friends and family
3. Subscribe to us on your streaming platform
4. Leave us a rating and review on Spotify and Apple Podcast
5. Buy Us a Coffee! (Supporting us financially really helps but it's definitely not required, do it if you can)
All the links!